Unlike other systems, Octopad supports a vast array of file formats, from standard ones, like Word, Excel and Powerpoint, to more specialized ones for your complex operations.
Following is a detailed list of all the supported file formats.
Important note: if you select to upload a file with an unsupported format, then the file will simply not upload and you won’t see it among the documents to be uploaded in the project you have created … no matter how many times you select it 😉
.doc, .docx, .dot, .dotx, .docm, .dotm, .rtf, .ppt, .pptx, .pot, .potx, .pptm, .potm, .xls, .xlsx, .xlt, .xltx, .xlsm, .xltm, .pdf
We support OpenOffice and LibreOffice document formats (.odt, .ods and .odp) but it is recommended to convert to MS Office formats before importing for optimal results.
PDF files are not processed when scanned. When not scanned, they might not be properly processed. When processed, the translation comes back in .txt format.
Image & Design Files
.idml, .icml, .mif (version 8 and above only), .psd, .svg
.srt, .vtt, .sub (SubViewer only), .ts, .sbv
Markup Language Files
.xml, .xhtm, .xhtml, Android .xml, .htm, .html
.ttx (pre-segmented), .sdlxliff, .xliff (1.2), .xliff (2.0), .xliff for Drupal/WordPress, .mqxliff (MemoQ xliff), .tmx
Authoring and Publishing
.dita, .ditamap, .epub
Software Strings and Documentation
.catkeys, .csv, Magento .csv, DocBook (.dbk), .desktop, Mozilla .DTD, Joomla .ini, .json, .arb (imports as JSON), .lang, .Plist, .po, .properties, Java .properties, .rc, .resx, .strings, .wiki, .yaml, .tag, .xtg
File Import Limits
- Maximum import size: 1 GB (for a file or a batch of files imported in one request)
- ZIP: 100 MB
- Maximum number of linguistic units (sentences) in one project: 500,000
- Maximum number of characters per unit: 10,240 characters (calculated separately for source and target content)
- DOC files: 80 pictures per file
- MS Excel: 200,000 cells per file
- MS Excel sheet names: 31 characters, table names: 255 characters
- IDML files: 200 MB per file
- Images: 500 KB per image, 10 MB for all images in a file
Haven’t tried Octopad yet? Register now and get your free 25,000 characters!